After an AMAZING show in Chile (and amazing is not even the word for that kinda performance). I think that after a so-so show in Rio, the Gunners bounced back, and prove to everybody that complained (and myself included) to shut their fucking trap before complaining. We are truly in front of a well oiled rock N’ roll machine! I think that the rest of this tour, and the US tour will be one to remember to say the least.
Next stop gunner fans, Guns N’ Roses will be in La Plata, Argentina!
Opened on June 7, 2003, the Estadio Ciudad de La Plata is one of the most modern of Latin America, even without having completed all of the planned construction. Its tenants include Estudiantes LP and Gimnasia y Esgrima LP. Gimnasia returned to their original stadium in mid 2008.
It is located between 32nd and 526th avenues, 25 Street and 21. These fields also contain a small rugby stadium and a center for Physical Education, which tend to be intercollegiate events with schools in the area, such as the school No. 31, better known as the Saint Martin Commercial.
Besides the planned placement of the cover to the third stage, which will begin in 2009, by virtue of being made the first two stages.
The idea of the project began in 1947 when the then Governor Domingo Merchante expropriated the property located at the junction of Roads 32 and 25 and formed the La Plata Sports Complex.
In 1972, La Plata was to be a candidate to host matches in the 1978 World Cup.
In 1989, after a meeting between the Buenos Aires Province Government and the Municipality of La Plata’s, Estudiantes and Gimnasia, created a committee to build and manage a complex dedicated entirely to the practice of football and other sports.
Thus, after reviewing several alternatives, the construction of the stadium was proposed to take place in the area of the Center for Physical Education No. 2. This determined as the most accessible area for a stadium in La Plata. In January 1992 it was signed into law 11118, which established the construction site.
On April 21, 1992, the Estadio Ciudad de La Plata Foundation was established, which was an institution composed equally of representatives from Estudiantes and Gimnasia. The College of Architects and Engineers held a meeting in April 1993 to choose an architectural proposal. It was awarded to Roberto Ferreira & Associates.
In 1996 a permit was given by the Executive Branch that awarded the provincial administration the right to begin construction the following year. The Executive Unit called for public tenders for the job.
A year later they began building the supports for the roof. And in 1998, the governor Eduardo Duhalde and the Mayor of La Plata, Julio Alak, laid the first stone to begin the construction of the stadium.
The works also detained foir trade union and economic problems in 2000, so ad with Eduardo Duhalde as President of the Nation, called for a new tender for the allocation of investment with a view to its installation in May 2003.
The stadium opened on June 7, 2003. It has been confirmed as one of seven venues to host the 2011 Copa América in Argentina. It will host the opening game on July 1.
The stadium was temporarily closed to convert it into an all-seater stadium, and to install a new roof intended to cover all seats. Work had gone ahead of schedule and the roof was finished before the end of February.
Irish rock band U2 performed at the stadium on March 30, April 2 and 3, 2011, as part of their U2 360° Tour. The American rock band Pearl Jam are scheduled to play at the stadium on November 13, 2011, as part of their 20th anniversary tour.
Guns N’ Roses are also scheduled to perform here on October 8, 2011.
La Plata (English: The Silver) is the capital city of the Province of Buenos Aires, Argentina, and of La Plata partido. According to the 2001 census [INDEC], the city proper has a population of 574,369 and its metropolitan area has 694,253 inhabitants.
La Plata was planned and developed to serve as the provincial capital after the city of Buenos Aires was federalized in 1880, and it was officially founded by Governor Dardo Rocha on 19 November 1882. Its construction is fully documented in photographs by Tomás Bradley Sutton. La Plata was renamed Eva Perón City (Ciudad Eva Perón) between 1952 and 1955.